How do I setup a URL redirect?
Use this feature to redirect your visitors from one web page to another or even to a different Web site.
To create a redirect in a Unix-based account:
- Go to Domain Setting > Web Options for the domain you need.
- Scroll down to find the Redirect option and click the Add icon next to it.
- Agree with the charges.
- On the page that appears, create the redirect rule.
Entering http://www.examples.com/products into the Redirect from field and http://www.examples.com?param1=yes in the to field, will take all the http://www.examples.com/products visitors to the http://www.examples.com?param1=yes page.
If you leave the Redirect from field empty, visitors will be redirected from any location in the site. In the to field, you can enter URLs with parameters, as illustrated in the screenshot above.
Leave Redirect status as is unless you want to change the default:
- Permanent: returns a permanent redirect status (301) indicating that the resource has moved permanently.
- Temporary: returns a temporary redirect status (302). This is the default and indicates to the client that the resource has moved temporarily.
- See other: returns a "See Other" status (303) indicating that the resource has been replaced.
- Gone: will cause a visitor's browser display "The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource." message when trying to go to the 'to' URL.